Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What Time Management?



Thanks to Urban Agricoaching for this topic.  I asked for a blog post idea. Time management was suggested.  At first I just laughed but then I thought, hell, why not.  So here it is.

I am not good with time management at all.  Often, I am running through the house trying to get everyone ready for school, a game, church or whatever else is going on.  I am, however, mostly on time.  I really dislike it when people are late and I have to wait on them.  I find it to be a huge form of disrespect.  I try my best to keep my family on time so I expect the same from others.

My favorite line is "Its prioritizing not procrastination".  In nursing school they like to call us procrastinators if we don't complete something within a day of it being assigned even though we have a week or two to finish it. The instructors don't seem to understand that the majority of us have families, jobs and other responsibilities that need to be taken care of.  Sometimes homework gets pushed to the back burner.  It will get done just not right away. 

Even now as I am trying to type this post I am having a hard time fitting it in between a son who is puking and a daughter who is whiny.  Not to mention laundry, dishes and studying for the NCLEX.... who am I kidding.  I am so procrastinating right now. I don't know anything about time management.  I am lucky if I get anything accomplished. 

All I know is that I get it all done.  How I do it is some kind of freakin miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment