Sunday, January 10, 2010

Welcome to "Dishes, Diapers, Degrees; Oh My!"

Welcome to "Dishes, Diapers, Degrees; Oh My!" This blog is for mothers of all ages who find themselves struggling between the duties of wife, mother, student, maid, friend, sister and so on and so on. Even now as I try to start this my almost fourteen month old son wants to nurse and have all of my attention. Sorry, Charlie.

Here is a little bit about me. I am a thirty two year old mother of four. I have been married to my husband for over ten years. I should say happily married, but I won't. Kidding. No marriage is happy all the time. We are married and that includes all the ups and downs that come along with it. My husband is my best friend, so I couldn't ask for anything more. As I mentioned before we have four beautiful children ranging in ages 9 years to fourteen months. Two girls and two boys. I don't know how we did that.

I have been somewhat a stay at home mom since my first child was born. I just couldn't accept having to leave her with a sitter while I was at work. Plus, when I was making arrangements to go back to work I was told that I would not have the breaks to pump milk. I know that they should have allowed me but I wasn't going to push it because I wanted an excuse to stay home. Six months later I found out I was pregnant again. I did have a few jobs. I even had one of those work at home businesses. However, none of them really stuck with me. Which is why I am going back to school.

Yep, you read that right. I am back at school. If only I had listened to my parents when I left college many years ago. Back then I did not have a clue what I really wanted to do with my life. Some days I am still not sure. I am a mom and a wife, but what else?

I am going back to school and am trying to get into a nursing program. I enjoy helping others and have been told by many people that I would be a good nurse. So that is how I decided on this career choice. Well, the money isn't bad either.

If someone would ask me what I really wanted to do with my life my answer would be to write. I guess that is why I am blogging now. I really enjoy writing and sharing with others. Maybe what I write can inspire someone else.

So this is where it begins. I will share what I learn about being a mother, wife and student. Feel free to join in. I would love to hear from you. Have you learned something special about yourself now that you are a mom? Or maybe you are going back to school. What is it like being the "old" person in class? I look forward to hearing from you.

Nancy Marie

2 comments:

  1. Great job,Nancy! can't wait to read the next post! and now for mushy stuff....I know that even in mom's absence that I will be a great mother and wife because I will be able to learn through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I hope you will enjoy all that I have to share.

    ReplyDelete