Friday, January 15, 2010

Housekeeper Wanted... Immediately

I dream of a perfectly kept home. An organized home. Sparkling floors and windows. And no laundry! *Sigh* Wouldn't it be loverly?

Some days I wish I was a type A person. No such luck. I am a type z person. Which stands for zero enthusiasm for cleaning. In fact my husband laughs out loud whenever he hears someone say that they think I am an organized person. I can be organized for school or for the organizations I am involved with. But home is a totally different story.

When people stop by unannounced I cringe because my house is not totally put together.

But guess what! It is a three day weekend. My goal is to get control of my house. Its always a goal. But if at first you don't succeed; try, try again.

My children will be so excited when they wake up on Saturday morning to learn that instead of playing on the Wii or DS they will instead have to do housework. Oh glorious fun. I can just see their angelic faces telling me that I am the worst mom in the world. Oh, the love you get when you are a mom.

Anyhoo...the goal is to finish all the laundry this weekend. It is a lofty goal but one that needs to be reached. With four children there is a ton of laundry.

So I pledge to myself to do the laundry, wash those dishes (and of course we just ran out of dishwasher detergent), scrub the floors, clean the toilets, dust, vacuum and get my house under control. At least have my kids do it. My dad used to tell me that was why he had kids. Now I understand.

Good morning kids! Time to clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment