Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Power Point Hell

Today in my "Fundamentals of Speaking" class we went over the expectations of the upcoming collage speeches. These speeches should be the easiest since it is suppose to be about ourselves.

Normally I do fine speaking in front in others. People who know me, know that I looove to talk. And talking about myself is pretty darn easy.

Things were going fine in class until my instructor started talking about visual aids. In this case, a power point. I have never done a power point in my life. As the class went on I began to panic. These speeches are due this upcoming Monday. How in the hell am I going to figure out power point and make an interesting presentation. Plus, be able to do the actual speech with accompanying hand gestures. * Breathe*

Okay, I am freaking out just a bit. I know I can do this. I am a smart and intelligent woman. I gave birth to four children so surely I can whip up something to capture my audience. Who am I kidding?

I am honestly technology disabled. So the whole idea of putting this presentation together is making me really nervous.

I guess I should start with the easiest of the speech making process; deciding what I am going to talk about.

Well, wish me luck as I enter unknown waters. When this speech is over I will do the "Rich Man" dance (if you have seen "Fiddler on the Roof" you would understand) from the front of class to my seat I wonder if that will get me extra points.

No comments:

Post a Comment