Monday, June 27, 2011

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Almost there!


I only have two more clinical days for the LPN program. I am so excited.  Clinicals really isn't that bad but it is kind of the same thing each day.  I do like my instructor who is really helpful when you have questions.  Then after these clinical days we will have two review days. I am really not sure what to expect of the reviews.  To me, it sounds like we sit in the auditorium and listen to someone talk at us for 8 hours.  I pray that it is interactive. Its mandatory so I have to go no matter what.  Then after that I am finished.  Until I start my RN year. 

I keep praying that I will get a letter in the mail saying that I have gotten into the second year RN program.  I am on the wait list.  Which I am fine with but it does get me down when an instructor tells me I would be a great nurse or asks why I am not going on.  Its not by my choice and its not by my nursing grades either.  Ugh, that is a whole other blog in itself.  The letter will come or it won't .  In the meantime I will focus on passing boards and working as an LPN.  Then I can reapply next February for the RN. 

I am nervous about taking the boards. I know I have a ton of studying to do but with clinicals I have been focusing on that homework instead.  Most likely since we have summer exit we will not be able to take our boards until August or September.  Won't my hubby love that.  I know he is ready for me to be licensed so I can start working.  And I am too.  Going to school and not working has had a big toll on our money.  Money that we did not have in the first place. 

I am almost there.  We, I should say, are almost there.  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter everyday.  Whoa, hold on a sec.  Is it the end of the tunnel?  Ummmmm,  why do I have this unnerving feeling that it is a train barreling towards me.


Train light about to run me over or sunny bliss of freedom?  Time will tell.  I have paid my dues with the barreling trains.  It is my turn for some sunny bliss.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining Thrifty Thursday! Hope to see you back next week :)

    I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower from TV Talk Hop. Please follow me at www.weidknecht.com!

    ReplyDelete