Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello Monday!

image

Orkut Graphics@LayoutLocator.com


I would love to share how my weekend went with you. However, I do not wish to incriminate myself.  Let's just say that it was a blast.  Thank God, my birthday only comes once a year.  Otherwise, I probably wouldn't survive many more.   Naughty Nancy has been put to bed for awhile while Nurse Nancy takes over.

It is another Monday.  Usually a day dreaded by so many.  The weekend is over and we must do something proactive.  This week will be full of studying, care plans, drug sheets, another OB test, basketball practices, girl scout meetings and everything else my life entails.  And I am ready for it.  Why?  I think its because I got my groove on this weekend.  I had fun. I was able to just let go and not worry.  I am refreshed for this week.  Not necessarily re-energized (I partied too hard for that) though.

Here is my advice... Get Yo Freak On!  Just once in awhile.  We all need to release our stressors and freak out a bit.  Everybody freaks in a different manner.  Whatever works for you.  I love to dance, get rowdy and have a few (too many) drinks.  Get silly!    Let it all go for one night.  You will see that everything will look much better come Monday morning.  Sunday you need to recover.  Other moms are always telling me they don't know how I do what I do.  I tell them I'm not sentenced to my life. I want to live it and enjoy it.  Sometimes it overwhelms me but that is when I know I need to release it for a moment.

You have my permission to Get Yo Freak On.  Mondays will start to look better if you do.


FYI- I don't encourage it for every weekend.   Be safe and legal ;)   (as legal as you can be )

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by www.adayinmotherhood.com! I look forward to reading more from you!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!Ha! Happy belated birthday! Good for you - getting Yo Freak On! We need that every now and then!

    Yes we are moms, but that does not mean the end of fun! It just doesn't happen as often as it did before marriage and babies!

    A new follower - Wishing you a great year ahead!

    Bernadette
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you! I love my girls nights! Thanks for following Mommy Time Out

    ReplyDelete