Thursday, July 29, 2010

School Daze



I have a little dilemma.  I am trying to decide if I should go back to school this semester or not.  My goal is to eventually become an RN.  As of right now I am not in the program due to my ranking when I applied.  Last school year I had 4.0 GPA.  I was really proud of myself.

Here is the deal...
I only have one class, microbiology, that I need to take.  All my other classes would be nursing classes and you can't take them until you are in the program.  So do I just take micro and a couple of filler classes until I get in the program or do I just wait until I get in the program and then take micro.  I am in the process of going back to work as well so that will figure into this decision.  I did sign up to take an EMT class but have now decided that it won't work out because it is a 45 minute drive to get to the college that offers the course.

Maybe I will take the micro class (too bad its smack dab in the middle of the day) and a couple of online classes so I can keep my grant to pay for school.  Then next semester I will take a couple more online classes to finish out the year.  Then hopefully by then I will have been accepted into the program and will be able to move on.

You know when you graduate high school and you have grand dreams of what you want to do?  I sometimes wish I would have stuck with mine because going back to school in your thirties kind of sucks!

1 comment: