Saturday, July 31, 2010

Don't Underestimate!

Last night my husband and I dropped off our two younger children off at his parents' house.  I had packed up my son's diaper bag and couldn't decide if I should pack his cloth diapers or use the disposable diapers we still have on hand.  We have only been using the cd's for two weeks now.  Even though I love it and my husband goes along with it, it doesn't mean that someone else will feel the same.  I went ahead and packed the sposie diapers and took them to their grandparents.

After a late night at the local demolition derby we picked them up.  My mother-in-law tells me that she would have been more than happy to use the cloth diapers that we have just switched to.  Why did I think she would prefer me to bring the sposie diapers?  I have no idea. 

When we, mainly me, decided to switch to cloth diapers I assumed I would get razzed for switching to cloth.  Really my husband has been the one to get razzed by his friends who read this blog.  Oh well.  Other than that, the support has been great.  There are far more people out in the world who are using cloth diapers.  I love reading all the websites and blogs about cloth diapering.  I have even had several friends ask me about cloth diapers and what I would suggest. 

So don't be like me.  Don't underestimate your family and friends.  Or society in general.  Even though we shouldn't care what others think it is nice to know that cloth diapering is more main stream than we think!

No comments:

Post a Comment